Friday, August 6, 2010

My research paper

I choose to write my research paper about the international aid to third world countries. As I started looking for books and doing my research, I realized that the topic I choose was very broad. It encompasses many sections that lead to many other subjects that could constitute entire dissertations on their own. I was a fervent supporter for more aid to third world countries from Rich countries. I must admit that I was ignorant of the way things work and the outcome of over sixty years of aid dependence for third world countries, Africa in particular.
In 60 years more than a trillion of dollars have been sent to Africa alone from donor countries with nothing to show for. The money has been funneled through major organizations: the IMF (International Monetary Fund) and the World Bank; as well as many others form of assistance. Not every type of assistance is bad; even though it is said that Aid creates more problems than it actually solve. I could not talk about the subject in its whole complexity as it touches many countries and the subjects are too complex to deal with in 6 pages. I decided to talk about the Congo alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment